How to Join PestNet
PestNet is an informal network of people worldwide who have an interest in plant health and plant protection. Membership to the network is free. It is easy to join!
1) If using a desktop computer
In a browser, go to https://app.pestnet.org
You can view submissions without joining; however, if you wish to participate you need to join, or login.
Login using either social media or a PestNet account. You can join by clicking on one of the social media options (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Twitter, etc.) if you already have an account with them. Or, if you prefer, join by creating a PestNet account (email confirmation required).
There are 3 ways of viewing PestNet Submissions or Responses:
- You can go to the website (as outlined above), or
- After registering an account, you can receive automatic emails Immediately, or as a daily, weekly or monthly digest. Within the email you can click on a title if there’s anything of interest to you.
- Access the PestNet community via the mobile app. Android users click here to install. iOS edition coming soon.
Change how you want to receive emails:
- Click on your name and go to My Community Profile (https://app.pestnet.org/me)
- Fill in your details (if you want)
- Make changes to how you receive Submissions and Responses (if you wish)
- By default, you will receive a daily digest email of posts that occurred on Pestnet, but you can change that under "Timing". Alternatively, you can set how often you receive emails and even filter what you want to receive notification on, called "Watches". For more information on Watches and other settings see PestNet Community help.
Participating in the PestNet Community
Send a Submission to PestNet by clicking on the add button (white cross in a green circle, bottom right). Respond to a Submission by opening it and clicking on the reply button (curved arrow in a green circle). In each case, fill in the form. Any images uploaded with a submission or response are automatically optimised for viewing on the website.
2) If using a mobile device on a tablet or smartphone
In Google Play Store go to: "Pestnet" and download the app.
Apple iOS Users
An Apple iOS edition of the app is coming soon. The website edition of the PestNet application is also mobile-optimised and can be viewed via your phone or tablet.
Download the app, open it, login using either your social media account or registered account.
Tapping on a Submission opens it and tapping again closes it. Use the add button (white cross in blue circle) to send a Submission. To post a response tap on the blue Post Response button at the bottom of a submission.
Note: In both the desktop and the mobile app you can add tags to Submissions and Responses. Tags can be used for searching by clicking (or tapping) on them. An integrated search engine is also available.
If you have any problems, send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org